The Confederacy organized its Medical Department 
late in 1861 and within months, in April of 1862, the North Carolina General Military Hospital No. 2 was established in Wilson in what was once the Wilson Female Seminary.

The hospital made Wilson known outside of the state of North Carolina, as it was listed as one of 21 principal hospitals in the state. It is now part of the NC Civil War Trails. The marker is located at Herring Avenue at Gold Street in Wilson.

Contact for Tour Information:
Wilson Visitors Center
209 Broad Street
Wilson, North Carolina 27893
800-497-7398 – 252-243-8440